News Forum - Can you protest in Thailand as a foreigner?

Thaiger

4 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

……. But You have over 200 other countries to chose from …. If they will have you. 

why you think i am here and did not go to the other 200 countries... think think.... yeah exactly... besides that i build up my life here, got my cats, wife etc... seems you guys do not even live here and are just sitting in your home country bitching around on a thai news forum, because you can not see the real picture here if you live here so long... you build up a life... and have nothing to do with your home country at all....

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Paco said:

Man i am already 20 years gone out of my home country and it is a shit country so no I do not have a choice I have nothing in my home country last place I want to be

With these beliefs you are only causing trouble for other farangs. 

You are a guest here. If I invite you to my house to have a beer and you start bitching about the way I do X thing, be sure I would make sure to kick you in the ass as hard as I can out of my house. 

The only place where you should have the right to bitch is your very own house (your home country), if you don't like it here you can go back to it and bitch as much as you want there.

Edited by ctxa

2 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Thais don't want falangs interfering with there affairs. 

That's not altogether true. 

I suspect that you might not have the opportunity to gather or socialize with a broad range/class of Thais, yes? 

7 hours ago, ctxa said:

With these beliefs you are only causing trouble for other farangs. 

You are a guest here. If I invite you to my house to have a beer and you start bitching about the way I do X thing, be sure I would make sure to kick you in the ass as hard as I can out of my house. 

The only place where you should have the right to bitch is your very own house (your home country), if you don't like it here you can go back to it and bitch as much as you want there.

do i? what if i work here? i can say when i do not like something, my opinion my freedom... and i am not causing to any farang any problems at all... the sex tourist cause problems let get that straight, however i stand up for myself and my rights, should try it once

You house is completely different then a country what you do in your house does not effect anyone's freedom or anything

Government does not do everything correctly like any other person, you can make a suggestion or say something from it or they do something with it is another thing

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paco said:

do i? what if i work here? i can say when i do not like something, my opinion my freedom... and i am not causing to any farang any problems at all... the sex tourist cause problems let get that straight

Yeah. Punters are the worst breed.

If you wish to protest as a Foreigner in Thailand, then consider this....you are the easiest target for the Thai Police.

You will likely stand out in the crowd because your natural features differ from those around you and hence will catch someone's eye.

If they choose to arrest you, then they are in a no-lose situation. You will either offer a brown paper bag donation to them to get off the charges or refuse, quickly be found guilty, visa cancelled and deported.

They then can announce the protest was fuelled by radical Farangs to steer media attention away from the protest!

Easy and good result for them! Not so good for you or the protest perhaps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sarisin said:

Romans crucified people and threw unwanted babies on the tarpien rock, not all cultures are equal or worthy of respect. We are 'Aliens' officially, not guests

What have the Romans ever done for us? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rain said:

That's not altogether true. 

I suspect that you might not have the opportunity to gather or socialize with a broad range/class of Thais, yes? 

Quite the opposite.  I have numerous Thai friend of every stripe or mix. They frequently express their opinions on many things. However, they realize that it's not my place to speak or act. My friends range from university professors,  bank managers, government people, as well as many levels of working people. They sometimes open up to me because I'm safe and keep things to myself.  However, as  far as protesting or taking action,  they clearly don't want foreigners involved.

I speak Thai and understand the culture fairly well. I am not one that interferes in the business of others and acts like I know better. 

I was in Bangkok in 1973 during the student demonstrations. My friends kept me posted on what was happening and warned me not to get involved as it was a Thai matter. They said if foreigners got involved it would look like it was foreign directed and unwelcome. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paco said:

the sex tourist cause problems let get that straight, however i stand up for myself and my rights, should try it once

Sex tourists are on a whole different level of trouble making and scum and should be banned from ever leaving their own countries… 

You like to talk about Anutin so much, but don’t you think the farangs that refused the face masks he was giving for free are pretty dumb? They gave him a free and perfect excuse to show his dislike of farang. Then again it’s us, the compliant few paying the stupid actions of the idiot lot.

6 hours ago, ctxa said:

Sex tourists are on a whole different level of trouble making and scum and should be banned from ever leaving their own countries… 

You like to talk about Anutin so much, but don’t you think the farangs that refused the face masks he was giving for free are pretty dumb? They gave him a free and perfect excuse to show his dislike of farang. Then again it’s us, the compliant few paying the stupid actions of the idiot lot.

I think their own country is happy they leave lol. A farang that does not wear face mask I said it before if I see it I will certainly say it to him/ her to wear it if not a simple phone call will do enough. I also think they should place on that a very high bill of 500,000 baht or so..

Regarding Anutin..he already disliked all his life farang, first thing he said in the start of covid that we are dirty and bring it to thailand.. the guy is a special case and he is very against us.. it is a clown a person in the government saying that is insane and should never be there at all

Even thai people dislike him

We are paying guests when we arrive as I am on my six-month trips there so why would I care what the politicians are doing?

I have no rights, it is not a complaint but a fact. 

But all farangs are paying guests anyway even the ones guesting there on annual visa extensions. 

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

But all farangs are paying guests anyway even the ones guesting there on annual visa extensions. 

Unfortunately it is like that, but it does not feel nice or right if you live here already 18 years constantly 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Paco said:

Unfortunately it is like that, but it does not feel nice or right if you live here already 18 years constantly 

Only if one is intensely conscious about such things, all of which should've passed some time ago. 

If you've always considered yourself as a foreigner - mindset and body language - you'll always be engaged of this conscious state and more than likely will be viewed as an outsider. 

Some never learn, adjust or acclimate. Thinking too much. 

11 hours ago, Rain said:

Only if one is intensely conscious about such things, all of which should've passed some time ago. 

If you've always considered yourself as a foreigner - mindset and body language - you'll always be engaged of this conscious state and more than likely will be viewed as an outsider. 

Some never learn, adjust or acclimate. Thinking too much. 

The thing is you hear it daily in the news not on the street at least not here, here I am just be considered as a thai no special treatment or anything, all I want... for me everyone is equal Thailand should learn that once and come out of the stone age.. black,white ,yellow or green who cares only make life more difficult for people for no reason in reality because they come from somewhere else