Thailand Pass 30 days visa exemption, Can I get a 30 day extension?

Travelo

Hi All,

I'm a little confused, probably like so many other people here.. If anyone could clear this up I would be most grateful! 

I'm looking for information about the Thailand pass and 30 day visa exemption, I'm Australian so qualify for this.

My question is, can this visa still be extended for another 30 days like in the past at immigration?  I'm looking to travel for 60 days

Cheers

• Like 1

You can enter without a Visa (visa exempt) which permits you a stay of 30 days and you can also extend that stay for a further 30 days at an Immigration office.

• Like 3

Thanks very much, appreciate the response. I just got hold of a friend on Thailand and he confirmed he has done the same and is going to extend his visa in a week.

• Like 1

Do you guys know if you need to extend the Thailand Pass as well? I am planning to enter with a VOA and then extend later, but when applying for the Thailand Pass I would need to give them the "original" travel period of 30 days..will the Thailand Pass be void after that? Very difficult to find any information on that..

cheers

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, marianne said:

Do you guys know if you need to extend the Thailand Pass as well? I am planning to enter with a VOA and then extend later, but when applying for the Thailand Pass I would need to give them the "original" travel period of 30 days..will the Thailand Pass be void after that? Very difficult to find any information on that..

cheers

No... no need to extend the Thai pass. Thai pass, like the COE is an entry requirement only. 

• Like 2

Yes. I'm sure there are some situations with the shorter times for certain countries of origin but you can extend just about any entry by 30 days once. And previously when you could easily leave and come back you could do it again fie each entry.

Edited by MikeV
  • Like 1