News Forum - A second Russian man with Covid-19 missing from Phuket hotel

Thaiger

46 minutes ago, Grumpyoldman said:

Yawn.....

When will this stupidity of panic over a cold end?

Soon! Very Soon! 

Be patient. Omicron is the beginning of the end, if it's not the end itself. 

We should see general loosening mid year and definitely by end of year. 

That's my prediction! 

13 hours ago, vvdb.fr said:

The quarantine rooms, don't they have a camera in front of the door?

With an alarm as soon as the door is opened?

Are the windows securely locked from the outside?

The hotel forgot to equip itself?

sorry krub, no budget krub. 

So yesterday I return from PhiPhi island via Andaman Wave Master speedboat.

After leaving Tonsai Harbour we stop and pick up 6 Russian adults and one child from another boat.  All transfer to our boat, where 8 or so people are sitting with masks on, with no masks.  What do the team on the Andaman team on the boat do, you can guess, nothing.

I gesticulate to the first guy to walk down the boat to put a mask on.  He ignores me.  I shout to the staff that they should be wearing masks and that they are endangering all of us.  Eventually the staff hand out masks to the people and ask them to put them on.

Seriously, we are i nthe care of hotels and tour operators when we join stay in their hotels or join their tours, or more broadly when we visit Phuket and Thailand.  If the message gets out that they do not care for the tourists they want to enter, then all the promotions in the world will not bring people back.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

The same with all the state quarantines I've done around the world. Leave if you want. But the penalty at law still existed.

In Thailands case, this is a fine and up to 2 years in a nice comfortable Thai prison. 

so you are saying that to go to thailand as a tourist carrys a fine of two year jail ?

well well if so I am not surprised that nobody wanna go there anymore...and with no bar and other tourists thailand will be closing down for good...roll up the streets and back to the ricefields...enjoy the old ways like thousand years ago...

Onl my flight out of Bangkok in late March 2020 a Russian couple was trying to start fights, on the plane, with people minding their own business because they were wearing masks.

The others were nearly scrogging on the plane. 

It was a freaking nightmare.

Avoid 

Edited by MikeV

6 minutes ago, dingdong said:

so you are saying that to go to thailand as a tourist carrys a fine of two year jail ?

well well if so I am not surprised that nobody wanna go there anymore...and with no bar and other tourists thailand will be closing down for good...roll up the streets and back to the ricefields...enjoy the old ways like thousand years ago...

Your reading comprehension is sad. Stay home and get drunk.

• Haha 1

Russians can be a pain in the arse especially those who are on the way to ptty...but this s true with all other nations...i guess its a class education thing...