News Forum - A second Russian man with Covid-19 missing from Phuket hotel

Thaiger

A Russian man who tested positive for Covid-19 is being sought after disappearing from his hotel room and not returning yet. Wait! Don’t click away! This isn’t a story about the Russian man who was the subject of a manhunt Thursday and Friday. This is another very similar incident and police are still searching for the missing Covid-19 infected man. Anton Tikhomirov arrive in Thailand under the Phuket Sandbox scheme on January 3. The 29 year old man from Moscow travelled from the airport to his approved and confirmed SHA+ hotel – Sunwing Kamala Beach Resort – to begin his […]

The story A second Russian man with Covid-19 missing from Phuket hotel as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The quarantine rooms, don't they have a camera in front of the door?

With an alarm as soon as the door is opened?

Are the windows securely locked from the outside?

The hotel forgot to equip itself?

Edited by vvdb.fr
Add
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

As of this afternoon, Anton still had not returned to his pool-facing studio hotel room at the resort.

Does that mean that he left his belongings in the room and vanished? Why else would they expect him to return?  

• Like 1

I entered Thailand via Test & Go last week...

... And if I had really wanted to leave, I could have done so at several various moments, including before the first PCR test. Heck, even at the airport!!

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

being sought after disappearing from his hotel room and not returning yet.

And have they checked his room, …. Looked under the bed, checked the closet. He may have gone for a beach walk like the other Russian and now back in his room … no worries though, the RTP will get a phone call dobbing where he is by a concerned citizen 

• Haha 1

to quarantine for at least 10 days

pool-facing studio hotel room at the resort.

What kind of torture is it? To be quarantined in a pool-facing studio room for 10 days and not allowed to use a pool 🥴 Take a garden-view room next time.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ctxa said:

... And if I had really wanted to leave, I could have done so at several various moments, including before the first PCR test. Heck, even at the airport!!

Exactly! I have watched a few videos showing the arrival process. I don't see anything stopping someone from getting a taxi and heading to an airbnb.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vvdb.fr said:

What's next? Give hotel employees riot gear? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ynwaps said:

What's next? Give hotel employees riot gear? 

Teachers might get guns in the US, so why not give those employees a baton, shield & Kevlar gloves?

"Sir, your credit card has been declined...."

🤓

@Vince

• Haha 3

Maybe he spotted a nicer alternative from his pool side room, one with company that was lonely.  Might still be in the hotel just not his room.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vvdb.fr said:

They do not

Nope

Of course not. You discount the idea of there ever being a fire in a Thai hotel?

Besides, many/most of the rooms have a balcony (where one can smoke, or lounge mask-free)

These hotels are hotels, not jails or prisons. They are fully equipped, as per Thai government quarantine guidelines, and are subject to regular inspection.

Being a tourist is not a criminal act. A criminal, be they tourist or not, is somebody who commits a crime.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the article a couple of days ago about Serbian tennis player Novak Dokovic:

[quote]
Dijana Djokovic said the conditions in the hotel in Melbourne where Djokovic is staying are "not humane."
"He doesn't even have breakfast," she said. "He has a wall to stare at and he can't even see a park in front or go out of the room."
[endquote]

Perhaps when the Russian is found, he could employ the tennis player's mother as a PR spokesperson.

source: https://africa.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/33027408/novak-djokovic-parents-join-protest-serbia-australian-visa-hearing-looms    

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

did they look in his room?

Phuket Police, dialing Anton Tikhomirov's telephone number;

Police: "Hello, is this Anton Tikhomirov?"

Anton; "Yes, speaking"

Police: "This is Captain S...... of the Royal Thai Police, commander of the Phuket detachment tasked with directing the manhunt, arrest and prosecution of you! We are at your hotel, Sunwing Kamala Beach Resort, now! Tell us, immediately, where you are located!"

Anton: "I'm standing right behind you, here in the lobby"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, ctxa said:

The same with all the state quarantines I've done around the world. Leave if you want. But the penalty at law still existed.

In Thailands case, this is a fine and up to 2 years in a nice comfortable Thai prison. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vince said:

@Faradayuh I'm not in this thread. My credit card was declined? 😕

I'm not leaving my hotel. What's going on?!

Someone will knock on your door soon.

Do not open it ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

The same with all the state quarantines I've done around the world. Leave if you want. But the penalty at law still existed.

In Thailands case, this is a fine and up to 2 years in a nice comfortable Thai prison. 

The Israeli guy got like a few thousand baht fine and a deportation and probably a long ban from re-entry. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Reminds me of the article a couple of days ago about Serbian tennis player Novak Dokovic:

[quote]
Dijana Djokovic said the conditions in the hotel in Melbourne where Djokovic is staying are "not humane."
"He doesn't even have breakfast," she said. "He has a wall to stare at and he can't even see a park in front or go out of the room."
[endquote]

Perhaps when the Russian is found, he could employ the tennis player's mother as a PR spokesperson.

source: https://africa.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/33027408/novak-djokovic-parents-join-protest-serbia-australian-visa-hearing-looms    

Picture of a Covid quarantine "village" (that's the official name for it, I leave you to judge) in Australia..

australia.webp.bece921a1b745cdbd5ef55dbf0f09420.webp

Picture of the same type of a covid "village" in China...

china.webp.4a2560e55d4ea671aa115309d4e17508.webp

Spot the difference... I wonder which country has copied the other. Definitely better off being stuck in a hotel room in Thailand than these "villages" (!!??) in these 2 countries...

• Like 1