News Forum - Change of mood over Covid restrictions as demands rise to reboot Test & Go

Thaiger

Just now, Rain said:

It'll pass eventually.....

I just think having Heinecke lobbying the govt is a huge positive 

He has major influence

Probably the most influence in the hotel industry 

My prediction 

T&G will be reinstated, which is a huge positive for some people vs Phuket sandbox, because of the difficulty to fly into Phuket 

And one that I predicted weeks ago, that they would move more towards hotel isolation, which it seems they already are starting to do

But a lot of people won't ever look at the positives

Just now, Marc26 said:

I just think having Heinecke lobbying the govt is a huge positive 

He has major influence

Probably the most influence in the hotel industry 

My prediction 

T&G will be reinstated, which is a huge positive for some people vs Phuket sandbox, because of the difficulty to fly into Phuket 

And one that I predicted weeks ago, that they would move more towards hotel isolation, which it seems they already are starting to do

But a lot of people won't ever look at the positives

In my heart of hearts, I'm almost certain that they don't intend to bring back the TP/T&G in full, as that program wasn't profitable enough for those particular circles. 

My guess is that they will return to the quarantine sandboxes or the BKK mandatory 7-day quarantine entry protocol.....there is much too much pressure and influence from the business world.

11 minutes ago, Rain said:

In my heart of hearts, I'm almost certain that they don't intend to bring back the TP/T&G in full, as that program wasn't profitable enough for those particular circles. 

My guess is that they will return to the quarantine sandboxes or the BKK mandatory 7-day quarantine entry protocol.....there is much too much pressure and influence from the business world.

I guess we will see.

You are probably correct about the profibilty 

I don't think they can rely on sandbox programs with the limited flights to those places 

I think we will see some easing in the next couple of months

My wife is going back in March, no matter what, but we haven't booked the flight yet 

I will follow in April, Phuket Sandbox with a 10hr layover in Singapore, if that's all that is available 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ctxa said:

Cuz your initial post started from the wrong assumption that they have taken away any basic freedoms. We're in times of a pandemic and it is what is. In 1918 with the Spanish flu it was mandatory to wear masks (as a matter of fact you could go to jail if you didn't) and there were also entry/exit restrictions in certain countries. Yet a few years later everything returned to normal. Same will happen now. 

For Manu only: Pareces Paco Martínez Soria yendo de cuñado a aleccionar el gobierno de Tailandia sobre libertades. Como siempre, dando mal nombre a los expat y a los españoles... ¡quédate en España coño!

Nope, this time and our time are not to be compared. I stick to my opinion no f***ing doubt and the thing is the world was not a good place before, it is getting so far worse now. That’s what I think. Not even talking about a virus, only about human beings.  And I do not speak Spanish: English, German, Corsican, Italian a little obviously, a little Greek, Thai when I am in a good mood.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manu said:

Nope, this time and our time are not to be compared. I stick to my opinion no f***ing doubt and the thing is the world was not a good place before, it is getting so far worse now. That’s what I think. Not even talking about a virus, only about human beings.  And I do not speak Spanish: English, German, Corsican, Italian a little obviously, a little Greek, Thai when I am in a good mood.

Covid is just the convenient conduit to the grandeur plan. 

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

Covid is just the convenient conduit to the grandeur plan. 

That I don’t know. I don’t know, that or nothing (“ all I know is that I know nothing “ Socrates - everyone should think like that, I do).  I question everything though cause we simply do not live in a very nice world. Since always . I could not care at all, no impact whatsoever on my life… when something does not feel right well it is usually not.