News Forum - Australia cancels Djokovic’s visa once again, Serbian tennis star to be deported

Thaiger

So far it’s a double fault for the Serb tennis star. Australian Immigration Minister Alex Hawke has just announced his decision to re-cancel the visa of Serbian tennis player Novak Dokovic. The long-awaited decision, as reported by the BBC, comes in the wake of a new discrepancy with his travel declaration form upon arrival in Melbourne last week, as well as increasing controversy over his claims about his whereabouts in the days following his positive PCR test for Covid-19 last month. The tennis star was first detained by immigration officers after his arrival on January 5. After a series of […]

The story Australia cancels Djokovic’s visa once again, Serbian tennis star to be deported as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good on the Aussies!

It is about time that the anti-vaxxing selfish tossers paid a price; for two years it has been the oh so smug "ME! ME! ME!", "MY rights matter and yours don't" and "what about ME?". Yes, as I am sure that you have realized, I have had enough of the wankers.

If everyone acted like they did, we'd probably have tens of millions of dead. Instead; good, responsible people did the right thing for the rest of humanity.

Now, the inevitable will come;

"What about me?" "What about my rights?" "What about me?" "Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!

Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!"

Tossers All.

And yes, that WAS the cleaned up version of this post.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

So far it’s a double fault for the Serb tennis star

he admitted to breaking self-isolation in his home country ….. 

saying it was a matter of “human error” that he had incorrectly ticked the box stating the tennis player had not travelled to any other countries in the 14 days prior to his arrival in Australia

so if he declared this at the Australian border he would have been given the flick, like any tourist that breaks the entry rules to Thailand!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThaiEyes said:

Next time he shouldn’t skirt rules of another country

A strike on his passport (for COVID19 deception) will do what, for entering Britain, France or the US, for this year’s tennis? 🎾 Game, Set and Match ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Transam said:

But I hope he has to pay his own expenses......

Better yet, as his visa has been revoked, he is now in immigration confines? …. With no tennis court to whack his balls around on.

• Like 1

Naughty Novax ? 

Questions are being asked about if he was actually Covid positive on Dec 16. A recent  positive and subsequent negative test is a pre-requisite for vaccine free entry to Australia.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/novak-djokovic-were-the-results-of-his-positive-pcr-test-manipulated-a-cf3e7344-e98f-4fc3-8bb3-7727d4795e97

It seemed to me that Australia has a judicial system that ruled in favor of Djokovic. So the executive branch is contesting the judicial branch. Like it or not, Djokovic fought and will likely fight this visa cancellation thing again. As opposed to the vast majority of people who accepted getting their freedoms revoked. By the way, 130,000+ cases reported yesterday in Australia; and somehow one of the fittest and healthiest man on earth is a danger to society.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, palooka said:

I look forward to the reports of his parents reaction. Should be a gooooood show.

Tell me more. Did they criticise him over the trip, or are there other matters?

6 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Tell me more. Did they criticise him over the trip, or are there other matters?

Criticise their godly son who can do no wrong, wash your mouth out with soap.😄

Think there might be a few choice adjectives coming Australias way though.

• Thanks 1

Tbh, Idk much about law.

Is it normal that if a federal judge ruled in someone's favor, anyone in the government can still push it through? 

If the judge says he can stay, by law he may stay. Does that make the person who took away his visa above the law, just because they are super paranoid about Covid? Seems like he did this while being biased. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Transam said:

To be fair, as the winner's prize money would be about 2,000,000 U.S. Dollars, you can't blame him for trying...... 

If he had taken vaccinations, there wouldn't have been a problem. His own fault.

23 minutes ago, diegogg said:

and somehow one of the fittest and healthiest man on earth is a danger to society.

It isn't about being fit, it is about not following laws and rules.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Transam said:

And will shut the anti-vaxers up....🤪

Not everyone who doesn't want Pfizer, AZ etc. Is an anti-vaxer. 

This guy, like many, would probably take any vaccine that he thinks is necessary. This time some didn't think it's necessary to get a vaccine for Covid, because it's rare that super healthy people will die from it. That doesn't make you an anti-vaxer. 

That word is used for those super religious people who think god will solve everything so they won't get vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The question that keeps bugging me is what would have happened if he had reported his alleged trip to Spain, or the photoshoot which he himself admits he should have rescheduled and been isolating instead.

If you knew in advance that these were reasons to disallow entry, "ticking the wrong box" then, with that knowledge, opens up suggestions of an intent to deceive.

As even first round losers at the Australian Open stand to receive A$103,000 (up to A$2.875 million for the winner) such deceit with intent, added to a monetary reward can bring criminal fraud type of proceedings into the picture. Best he be careful what he says!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Tbh, Idk much about law.

Is it normal that if a federal judge ruled in someone's favor, anyone in the government can still push it through? 

If the judge says he can stay, by law he may stay. Does that make the person who took away his visa above the law, just because they are super paranoid about Covid? Seems like he did this while being biased. 

The first decision from the court was based on information available at the time of the court case. Since then, he’s admitted his forms weren’t filled in accurately (truthfully ?) he’s got on the wrong side of Spanish authorities, and now he’s been telling pork pies at home. All those demonstrators, his family, the Serbian President must be feeling like right plonkers now

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Tbh, Idk much about law.

The judge in his ruling acknowledged it was a procedural error (i.e. Border Force issued notice before a regulatory time period had been completed) and that the Minister still had the discretionary power, which he does, to allow someone to stay or be deported. That is totally consistent with the law and has been exercised previously both ways by ministers in the past.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, palooka said:

Criticise their godly son who can do no wrong, wash your mouth out with soap.😄

Think there might be a few choice adjectives coming Australias way though.

Thanks. Since you said theat, I've just googled his parents:
[quote]
Djokovic's father, Srdjan Djokovic, said, "This is happening because we are only a small part of the world, but we are proud people.

"They can't break us. Novak is the personification of freedom, everything human that one man contains in himself. Shame on them!"

Dijana Djokovic said the conditions in the hotel in Melbourne where Djokovic is staying are "not humane."

"He doesn't even have breakfast," she said. "He has a wall to stare at and he can't even see a park in front or go out of the room."
[endquote]

Hmm, coming from a worn-torn country, it does seem over-reaction his mother claiming what is 'not humane'.

source: https://africa.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/33027408/novak-djokovic-parents-join-protest-serbia-australian-visa-hearing-looms    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jcamry1 said:

The first decision from the court was based on information available at the time of the court case. Since then, he’s admitted his forms weren’t filled in accurately (truthfully ?) he’s got on the wrong side of Spanish authorities, and now he’s been telling pork pies at home. All those demonstrators, his family, the Serbian President must be feeling like right plonkers now

Shouldn't this go through the judge once more then? 

Besides this, I know those are the rules of Australia. But they say that because he's not vaccinated, he brings the Australian people in danger. But 77% of the people there is fully vaccinated and as we know, fully vaccinated people can spread it. Aren't the Australians actually a danger to Djokovic? 

• Like 3

Personally I don't care about his stance on the subject (e.g. vaccination, entrance to the country etc) or how he thinks things should be done. In my opinion, when you chose to visit a country, you chose to follow the rules no matter if you agree with them or not. If you don't then simply don't go. Far less likely hassle for sure for all.

You bend to the country you visit, the country doesn't have to bend to you!

But perhaps it is easier to blame "human error" and "staff or team, lawyers etc".  Now haven't I heard that before with sportsmen and women. Ah yes, the favourite line used by the irresponsible. It was his responsibility and if he chose to delegate that work, the responsibility still lies with him. Anything else is just the method to get it done.

It took me 30 seconds to find this page without a staff or team!

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/travel-restrictions

Wonder if we will see any sackings of staff or team if he is deported.🥱

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

The judge in his ruling acknowledged it was a procedural error (i.e. Border Force issued notice before a regulatory time period had been completed) and that the Minister still had the discretionary power, which he does, to allow someone to stay or be deported. That is totally consistent with the law and has been exercised previously both ways by ministers in the past.

Ok, thank you. I guess I could learn a bit more about law here😂