News Forum - Khao Yai hotel threatening 3 million baht lawsuit for bad review named

Thaiger

7 minutes ago, Vince said:

Yes, but these are still transitory issues. 

I used to read reviews on a website with four letters starting with a y (mostly food) and there was a strong pattern in reviews. 

One pattern was "this was my first and last time I'll ever eat here and everything was bad" - no one smiled, the sushi was overcooked, the toilet was broken and dirty, etc. etc.

Maybe it's all true, maybe it was a bad day for the business, maybe it was a bad day for the customer. Who knows? 

The customer, having a bad experience, should definitely let the owner or manager or waitstaff know. Seething privately and going home to write a scathing review seems like what really happened. 

So another crap review hits the internet, maybe the waiter gets fired, maybe a small business is hurt.

Michelin doesn't award or take away stars from a single review. Personal preference and variable experience is a problem in review experience.

If someone goes somewhere and has two or three problems, attempts to have it addressed and is ignored, that's more notable. Of course I could be wrong. 

Nothing like the above happens with just one bad review, they will be offset by all the good reviews, people know there are nutters about who insist on writing bad reviews.

If all of the hundreds of reviews are bad then there is a problem but if there are lots of good reviews and a few bad reviews then it is not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

What a story about nothing...a storm in a tea cup... can't believe a hotel would give this story oxygen. One below standard rating in 100 isn't going to make people shy away from your hotel...even 20 wouldn't. As long as 80% of your guests love you, you can run a successful business. It would have been better to contact this guest and address their concerns very politely, than be known widely as a hotel that doesn't listen or care. 

On 1/15/2022 at 11:43 PM, JamesR said:

Replies from the restaurant manager or whoever can respond to an online comment e.g." We were sorry to inconvenience you dear customer, the toilet has now been replaced."

Or as I did regarding the restaurant I owned for 22 years before selling, I replied to comments.

e.g. "There was not enough meat in my spring rolls, terrible".

Reply: "There was no meat at all in your vegetarian spring rolls ordered from the veg menu".

Russian left a review saying I was pissed he arrived at midnight, 

My reply, Everybody at midnight on a Friday night in Phuket is pissed just like you and your wife were for the next 2 weeks hence the reason we could never get in your room to clean

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2022 at 10:37 AM, Lowseasonlover said:

Russian left a review saying I was pissed he arrived at midnight, 

My reply, Everybody at midnight on a Friday night in Phuket is pissed just like you and your wife were for the next 2 weeks hence the reason we could never get in your room to clean

🤣

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, Pietpiet said:

I have had 2 bad experiences with Agoda and will never use them again, but did not know they were connected with Booking. Com. Will make sure I never use either of them again.

PJM

Would you like to share the details?