News Forum - Khao Yai hotel threatening 3 million baht lawsuit for bad review named

Thaiger

More details have emerged as the hotel in Khao Yai in Nakhon Ratchasima has held tight in their vow to sue a woman who left a slightly negative review for 3 million baht. The names of the resort and the woman involved were made more public as a lawyer representing the woman gave details about the incident. Sittra Biebangkerd said he was representing a client named Ms Khing who had posted a review that rated the Ozone Hotel Khao Yai a 6 out of 10. She posted the mildly negative review on December 19 on Agoda, the popular hotel booking […]

The story Khao Yai hotel threatening 3 million baht lawsuit for bad review named as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6/10 review and they sue? That’s just nuts and the opposite of customer service. Win or lose, their ongoing online reputation will take such a battering that only a name change or a “sincere” public apology can help them on that front. Google search has a rather long memory. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

Maybe she wrote the review and your service did not meet expiations, now the hotel has really screwed it up making it a world wide story instead of fixing the problems 555

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

Well done Ozone Hotel stop trying to recoup money back from Tourist. Well done. Even Thai's are Embarrassed by you. Your bookings will now plummet and thanks to your greed you will have to lay off staff.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

They chicken turning of their comments, I think this management is a shit, they should improve their issues to prevent it in the future no these dumbasses sue people what I already think is insane and I think it think it is insane this is even tolerated by the thai system..  FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND OPINION I thought they always for freedom of people... seems to me they going the way the USA is going they sue everyone for everything insane... either way can place off comments however can always message these dumbasses hope the business shuts down digging their own grave stupid idiots they are.

And this also shows her review is genuine, look how they react so imagine how they do if you in front of them.. thanks for confirming badasses

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Looking on lots of comments about this , eh, hotel and the claim, that kets me think about, where Thaiger is hosted. And if there might be a chance ...... ;-)

Hooe you all are VPNing

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, vlad said:

Well done Ozone Hotel stop trying to recoup money back from Tourist. Well done. Even Thai's are Embarrassed by you. Your bookings will now plummet and thanks to your greed you will have to lay off staff.  

Yep. Does come back around again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vlad said:

Hopefully go broke.

• Like 2

She believed review was anonymous, well Agoda your system is now being brought into disrepute also. Think she has a rightful claim against them also.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

to sue a woman who left a slightly negative review for 3 million baht.

As Thailand has some laws for false advertising, did this hotel 🏨 maybe falsely also put itself out there to the world stage. Maybe the woman could turn the tables and Take them to court? 😏

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

13 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Best just to walk away. Saves a load of heartache.

You maybe right there …

It's a heartache 
Nothing but a heartache 
Hits you when it's too late 
Hits you when you're down

It's a fool's game 
Nothing but a fools game 
Standing in the cold rain 
Feeling like a clown

32 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Or spread the word? At least, if NOT IN THAILAND?

Cartoon Thinking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Your chances of finding potential customers outside of  Thailand start at zero then spiral gently away.

• Like 1

I tried to find the owner of the "brand" but surprisingly even the extensive list of hotel brands that is on Wiki  doesn't list Ozone hotel, despite there being quite a few of these hotels in Asia and Australia. Some corporate entity must own the name and license out it's use.

Besides contacting Agoda, I wanted to contact the Ozone corporate people to let them know that this very bad publicity is going to financially hurt them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

Best just to walk away. Saves a load of heartache.

Thing is though Poolie if they get away with this other Hotels will jump on the same Bandwagon. What happened to Customer Care at the Ozone Hotel. I bet there beginning to realize they've dropped a massive PR disaster but they will not admit and lose face on this one. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, palooka said:

She believed review was anonymous, well Agoda your system is now being brought into disrepute also. Think she has a rightful claim against them also.

Well, to me this is more like a storm in a teacup. To sue someone living abroad is not an easy chore. Need to the court papers served, which needs to be done through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country where the defendant lives. Typically that also requires a translation too. Plus Impossible to prove the quoted damage of 3m THB. If I were in the position of this lady I would have just added the threat to the initial comment and wouldn't bother.

Stupid move of the hotel management in my view. Could have added a polite comment that they disagree, and otherwise respect the right of free opinion.

• Like 1

So many short sighted parties:

1. Ozone hotel - just became infamous in the midst of a 'famine' they just killed whatever goose that gave them food. LOL

2.  Agoda - they helped Ozone to find their own member.. LOL. Agoda should start to defend the woman/their member or they will have no more people who will comment on their web and their web will no longer serve any purpose. Sadly they will not survive Covid..

Edited by Hyper
  • Like 1

The first thing that woman should do is change the review rating to 1 or 0 and add information about the threats she received from the hotel. I don't think anyone would want to stay in a hotel where staff will threaten you with sues for millions of baths, so that would be an important piece of information in a review for customers.

• Like 6

A business should choose their battles wisely.  Frivolous threats of lawsuit serve only to worsen a situation often times at the expense of the party sending the threats.  6 out of 10 score seems pretty minor compared to the level of threats made in the lawsuit.  Won't be visiting that property anytime soon.

15 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Looking on lots of comments about this , eh, hotel and the claim, that kets me think about, where Thaiger is hosted. And if there might be a chance ...... ;-)

Hooe you all are VPNing

Identification from IP is possible but not easy. It's the email registration that fingers you. Agoda must have coughed up their email on a legal threat.

Sean.lock@15storeyshigh.co.th is easier to identify than 175.45.176.12. And VPN users give away their identities through mistakes from time to time. 

And if they have a cc # they have your name and address. 

Can you imagine how it would be eating dinner there.

After eating the waiter comes by.

"How was the food sir/madam", said with a smile.

"It was nice but I think the fish was a little undercooked in my opinion".

The waiter comes back with the bill.

"Here is you bill sir, Three millions seven hundred and fifty baht", said the waiter politely. .

"What"

"Sir, it includes an insult tip, you pay now", said with a snarl, the hotel security standing behind him looking on menacingly 

• Haha 1

To my knowledge you cannot leave anonymous reviews on these OTA web sites, On airbnb from the day the guest checks out you are reminded how important reviews are and you are reminded for 14 days after that you cannot leave a review or respond to a review.

On airbnb for the first 14 days neither the host or the guest can see the review until each of you have left a review, only after 14 days does either one or both get posted, It is virtually impossible to get a review removed only if you can prove it was a pack lies,

If you get a bad review you as the host knows exactly who posted it, you have their details Name, address Passport (copy also) Home address from when they checked in, so in this case I dont think Agoda would have needed to hand over any details regarding that guest and dont forget the guest being Thai' would have had show ID cards,

If you look through Agoda's reviews then they have worse reviews than this one 

• Like 1