News Forum - American man becomes first to get a genetically-modified pig heart transplant

Thaiger

A 57 year old American man in Baltimore has become the first human to get a heart transplant from a genetically engineered pig after undergoing seven-hour experimental surgery. The day before the surgery, the patient David Bennett told reporters “it was either die or do this transplant,” that the experimental surgery is a “shot in the dark,” but it’s his “last choice.” According to the doctors who have given the best chance for his survival, their patient is reportedly doing well, although his long-term possibilities of survival remain a question. He was said to be breathing on his own on […]

The story American man becomes first to get a genetically-modified pig heart transplant as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

I only came here for the comments.

Not disappointed 😆

You didn't intend to give them a roasting then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

His wife says he is now as happy as a pig in sh!t, and she can't understand why he has suddenly become a fan of the Trotters on Only Fools and Horses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Amazing, fascinating, awesome , but  flockin scary !

At what point will "medical technology" cease to have the need to intervene in the poor health of the human species that starts at birth or before  by comparison to even a pig ?

Not to demean the  life  value of  pigs  !  (Added to avert a "vegan " attack ! )

Edited by Convert54
self explanatory

Just had a thought.

If they can do this with a pigs heart could they swap out other organs with something from a horse for example?

Asking for a friend.

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Just had a thought.

If they can do this with a pigs heart could they swap out other organs with something from a horse for example?

Asking for a friend.

Strangely enough I was feeling a little hoarse this morning, Luckily my wife didn't seem to mind.

Soon this will be a pigment of his imagination. He can then come to Thailand and hit the beach, but he’d better not stay out in the sun for too long or he’ll be yelling, “I’m bacon, I’m bacon!” However he might have a hard time getting over here from Baltimore because as we all know, pigs can’t fly!

OK I’m done 🤓

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

will his penis end up curly?  Just asking 

His wife hopes so as she has mislaid the corkscrew and they still have an unopened bottle of Pigot Noir to open.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Just had a thought.

Asking for a friend.

Not exactly what I hoped for, but this also looks cool. images.png.cbeb9e781d0bfaab690a15dacd8bd289.png

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

This article is about some awesome futuristic stuff that can help humans live longer and all we do is roast this guy to bacon😂

He is a guinea pig!

"as he was ineligible for a human transplant"

Every other heart would have gone to people with good chances, to survive. I do not expect him to survive a long time, with that heart. But that is a step into the next generation of heart transplant. One has to be the first.  And the non pig hearts are get reserved then for the rich and the "few", who can't take pic hearts? Lets see, how that plays out 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A 57 year old American man in Baltimore has become the first human to get a heart transplant from a genetically engineered pig after undergoing seven-hour experimental surgery. The day before the surgery, the patient David Bennett told reporters “it was either die or do this transplant,” that the experimental surgery is a “shot in the dark,” but it’s his “last choice.” According to the doctors who have given the best chance for his survival, their patient is reportedly doing well, although his long-term possibilities of survival remain a question. He was said to be breathing on his own on […]

The story American man becomes first to get a genetically-modified pig heart transplant as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is exactly what The Cylons want us to be working on.

pig heart ! so generous the pig is !

we have so many humans die daily, can't we remove and replace ?

pig lives so short, this poor guy  would be called " Ginny pig" , will live too short !