News Forum - Bangkok aquarium owner faces backlash after hiring sexy mermaids to swim with his fish

Thaiger

A newly-opened aquarium at Chatuchak Weekend Market in Bangkok has been criticized by netizens after the shop owner hired some sexy models to swim in the tanks with the exotic fish. The aquarium fish shop, Arowana Mall, hired 20 sexy models for its grand opening event on Wednesday. Each model wore a bikini while two of the sexy girls climbed into the huge fish tanks and swam with the tropical fish. The 28 year old store manager, Auttachai, informed the media that the store wanted to promote the star of the show, a 30 year old Asian Arowana fish, which […]

The story Bangkok aquarium owner faces backlash after hiring sexy mermaids to swim with his fish as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

On one hand, women aren't pieces of flesh to be displayed commercially, despite generations of marketing that says different.

On the other hand, I like sexy girls in bikinis. Sue me.

Will I go to Chatuchak market to buy fish from the guy? Nope.

Did the shop owner achieve his goals of publicity for his shop? Yup.

Overall, a good business move.

• Like 4

Its like everywhere else in the world a few make some noise the rest follow they are against everything 

the guy had a idea not even a bad one its all jealousy leave the guy alone get a job then maybe you got less time for this nonsense  

Edited by Prosaap
Typo
  • Like 1

Hmmm 1 million baht for a fish? If they taste like the South American arowana, OK. But it is still a lot of money. Even if you eat it in 2 or 3 days.

2 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

That is why Thailand is known for: Cheap Thrills. 

Exactly, cheap and tacky is what made Thailand such a successful tourist magnet. But I doubt the Thais really understood that, as they now seem to be in some kind of process of ruining everything.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

According to Thai criminal law, anyone who shares sexy or naked pictures of themselves to the public or anyone who appears without clothes in public could face a fine of up to 5,000 baht.

Anyone who shares erotic content or nudity on social media could face a penalty of up to 5 years in jail, a fine of up to 100,000 baht, or both.

'anyone who shares sexy or naked pictures of themselves'   This looks like a job for the Taliban fun police.
We don't want any sexy pictures in Thailand, no thank you sir.

What about the naked fish, will they be fined as well? Were they Angel Fish by any chance?
It will be nothing to carp on about.

• Haha 2

Im actually surprised the gal got into the tank with fish---i figured they'd be too scared..of everything...

What difference it makes between Bangla stree, Phuket, Kho San Road, Bangkok and Pattaya. It is the nature of business which they encourage for the economy....

15 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Im actually surprised the gal got into the tank with fish---i figured they'd be too scared..of everything...

At least the smell ….

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:
15 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

At least the smell ….

At the end of the day, all of it's fish.

On 7/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, Bluesofa said:
  On 7/22/2022 at 4:59 AM, Thaiger said:

According to Thai criminal law, anyone who shares sexy or naked pictures of themselves to the public or anyone who appears without clothes in public could face a fine of up to 5,000 baht.

Anyone who shares erotic content or nudity on social media could face a penalty of up to 5 years in jail, a fine of up to 100,000 baht, or both.

Well, they were wearing bikini's (allegedly...). There goes the erotic content or nudity part. And the appearing without clothes part too. That leaves the 'sharing of sexy pictures' part. But the girls did not share those pictures of themselves, the shop manager did. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 10:30 AM, ronnie666 said:

I do not really get the law on this, what if he did it on the beach? Then all ok I guess

You mean like this thousands of local people, onlining sexy bikini pictures from themselves or from the tourists / beach goers around them?

Yep, I think without the fishbowl it seems to be ok.

• Haha 1